Jump to Navigation

Carmel Child Support Modification Attorney

Putnam County Child Custody Modification Lawyer

Most provisions of a divorce decree can be modified after the divorce is final. When both parties agree to the modification, the court will usually approve it, unless the proposal is defective or is determined to not be in the best interest of a child (in matters involving child custody).

Experienced and Knowledgeable Lawyers

At Dewbury & Associates, PC, our Hudson Valley family law attorneys advocate for clients who are seeking to modify part of a divorce decree. Our founding lawyer has been handling family law matters since 1997 and has the experience and knowledge to handle any modification dispute effectively.

Provisions of a Divorce Agreement That Can Be Modified

Our attorneys advocate for clients seeking modifications of:

Former spouses seek modifications for a variety of reasons: loss of job, illness, remarriage, need to relocate for a new job, the wishes of the child, domestic violence and a host of other reasons.

Advocating for Clients Who Seek or Oppose Modifications

Our attorneys also represent clients who oppose the modification proposal. In either case, we know that many modifications are hotly contested. For example, a parent who takes the child out of state may be interfering with the other parent's ability to spend time with the child. Accusations of domestic violence, or threats to commit violence, are sometimes levied against the other parent when that parent seeks to move away with the child. Our attorneys understand the intensity of the emotions raised by many modification actions and seek to resolve disputes as quickly as possible to reduce anxiety and save money.

When our firm handles a disputed modification request, we review all the facts and develop an effective argument for the judge. We are advocates for our clients, whether they wish to reduce the amount of alimony they pay or are seeking an increase in child support because of a child's increased needs.

Contact Our Hudson Valley Modification Lawyers

To speak with our Carmel child support modification lawyers, contact Dewbury & Associates, PC. Call us toll free at 877-410-2343.

We accept credit cards!

credit card


Dewbury & Associates, PC
1787 Route 6
Carmel, NY 10512
Telephone: Toll Free: 877-410-2343
Map and Directions

5 Old Road
Elmsford, New York 10523
Telephone: Toll Free: 877-410-2343
Map and Directions

1 Executive Blvd., Suite 110
Suffern, NY 10901
Telephone: Toll Free: 877-410-2343
Map and Directions